- Upcoming NYIT graduate offering a strong academic background in IT and Computer Science combined with excellent experience as a field technician, systems administrator, and Advanced Repair Agent.
- Consistently recognized for technical troubleshooting skills used to rapidly and cost-effectively resolve challenging technical issues.
- Quickly learn and master new technology; equally successful in both team and self-directed settings; and proficient in a range of computer systems, tools, and testing methodologies.
New York Institute of Technology â€“ New York, NY, Degree expected 12/16
Bachelors of Science in Computer Science:
Member of Tau Kappa Epsilon Fraternity â€“ Upsilon Mu Chapter (November 2012 â€“ December 2013)
Concurrent Employment with College Studies:
- Student Government Association Vice President of Finance (2010 to 2012): Manage the finances and budgeting requests of 30 Clubs/Organizations on campus. Tasked to lead team of 7 in financial decision making and policy creation and alteration. Earned commendations for teamwork, flexibility and work excellence in providing financial clarity and opportunities to students and faculty.
|Certifications:||CompTIA A+ and Network+ Equivalent from SENAC-RJ Brasil (CertificaÃ§Ã£o de Montagem e ManutenÃ§Ã£o de Computadores e ImplantaÃ§Ã£o de Rede Local)|
|Systems:||Windows 9X/2000/XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10, Mac OS X, Linux (Ubuntu, Mint, Fedora, Arch)|
|Languages:||Â HTML, CSS, XML, Java|
|Spoken Languages:||English (Native), Portuguese (Native), German (Fluent),Â Spanish (Conversational)|
|Software:||MS Office, Teamviewer, LogMeIn, Hirenâ€™s BootCD, FileZilla, WordPress, Several Anti-Malware Suites(MalwareBytes, Kaspersky, ESET, MSE, Avast, ComboFix, SuperAntiSpyware, etc.), Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, AfterEffects, Premiere, Lightroom, Edge, etc.)|
- - - - - -
Geek Squad â€“ New York, New York
**Advanced Repair Agent,Â ******(Feb. 2015 to Apr. 2015):
Became one of two Advanced Repair Agents that led the diagnostic/repair segment of Geek Squad in the Midtown Manhattan Geek Squad Precinct. Achieved the highest customer satisfaction rate in the market, and fastest turnaround time of completed units in the market among Geek Squad precincts. Work included diagnosing laptops, desktops, and tablets and repairing most software and hardware issues. Set up devices to custom client needs. Data backup & recovery services. Acquired business leads for Best Buy for Business. Communicated benefits of services to clients and the work that was completed on their units. Targets consistently exceeded.
Best Buy Inc. â€“ New York, New York
Mobile Sales Consultant,Â (Sept. 2014 to Feb. 2015):
Â Became knowledgeable in the products/service offerings of an array of competing companies and was able to provide custom solutions to customers based on their needs. Highly active sales skills gained in a fast-paced environment while taking full advantage of multiple languages to provide customers with the products and services needed. Handled cash and credit transactions and service plans. Ability to explain in simple terms, complex ideas and concepts. Consistently achieved a high rating of customer service, met and exceeded targets for the department, and continually strived to improve the workplace.
Parchem Fine & Specialty Chemicals â€“ New Rochelle, New York
Research & Sales Technology Intern,Â (Dec. 2012 to Sept. 2013):
Â Conducted large quantities of in-depth business intelligence research pertaining to international expansion, information gathering for marketing and branding of chemical products, and produced presentations on surveys and analytical reports generated through product leads and customer input. Began work on implementing a new infrastructure using Microsoft SharePoint.
- Researched and promoted the penetration of the Brazilian market which would subsequently lead to the increased global reach of the company
- Translated the entire company website to Brazilian Portuguese
- Established a new standard for documentation of time-lines and deadlines
- Introduced new system for Project Management
Murray Hill Center â€“ New York, New York
IT Consultant, (Oct. 2012 to May 2013):
Â Working as an IT Technician and Database Manager and performing routine maintenance on workstations, attending to staff technology needs, optimization of database, and General IT upkeep.
Rainbow Solutions â€“ New York, New York
Technical Support Intern, (2011):
Â Aided company owner in the management of web hosting services. Performed technical troubleshooting such as data recovery, OS reinstallation, hardware upgrades, business wireless network setup, hardware benchmarking and reviewing, and tech blogging.
Stars Informatica â€“ Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
Systems Administrator, (Nov. 2008 to Mar. 2009):
Managed network of 15 computers. Handled technical troubleshooting, including system crashes, slow-downs and data recoveries. Engaged and tracked Level 1 issues, with responsibility for the timely documentation, escalation (if appropriate), resolution and closure of trouble tickets. Sales of printer supplies and miscellaneous items.
- Researched and promoted the adoption of a new system for paying customers to access computers on an account basis rather than a per use basis. Resulted in 30% increase in customer retention.
Self-Employed â€“ Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
**Freelance Field Technician, **(2005 to 2009):
Provided clients with technical troubleshooting while clearly explaining diagnoses and potential options in each case. Services provided included data backup, data recovery, system building, Operating System reinstallation, hardware upgrades, wired and wireless network setup, malware removal, network troubleshooting, printer troubleshooting, and more.
- Founder/President of the Students Working to Advance Technology Team (SWAT Team â€“ www.nyitswat.com) (Feb. 2012 â€“ Sept. 2013): an organization dedicated towards the advancement of technology through teamwork, academic workshops, professional presentations and lectures, company tours, competitions, community & forums, philanthropy, and research - Now the Director of Philanthropy & External Affairs â€“ A new position created towards discovering and planning new ways for the organization to give back to the community through technology.
- Fundraising Chairman for Tau Kappa Epsilon Fraternity â€“ Upsilon Mu Chapter (Dec. 2012 â€“ Sept. 2013): Tasked with planning events, strategies and searching for alternative sources of income to fund the Fraternity Chapter and to donate and aid our philanthropy efforts
Available for Telecommuting & References Available upon Request